Friday, July 27, 2007

Relationship Point #1

I know I am not some kinda relationship expert or whatsoever.. But recently I've had alot of relationship talk with friends and all.. plus with my own experience... and from what I see happening around me.. I have to sum up that the most important thing in a relationship is that making your other half feels that he/she is important to you.. is really really important.. or rather it is to me.. I dun know if this is considered under the category of 'Sense of Security' but I guess both are pretty much linked..

If everything else is more important than you.. Money, friends, cars, computer, family (understandable but you're gonna be apart of it also someday..), career... and you just feel like you're the last in the list.. would you want to spend the rest of your life with that person? Or unless you yourself treat a lot of things more important than your other half as well.. then I have nothing to say.. but if that is the case then why are you even in a relationship? To me... it's like once there is a feeling of not being able to feel yourself important at all then there is where the ground begins to shake.. it's like pre earthquake... bound to shake your entire world apart... cos if you're not the wee bit important then anytime you can be easily replaced... and what happens after that??

I know when we're in love.. we become naive.. we become innocent.. nothing really matters after that.. you seem like you're able to accept every single shit there are.. cos love is in the air.. but if you're not important at all.. is that even love?? I thought love was when you meet someone you can't live without.. love means you wish to have that person with you for the rest of your life.. is that even possible if you're not a single bit important?? tell me that I'm wrong.. I know that there is a phrase that say 'Oi Ching Yum Sui Pao mer'... ya.. that is definately bullshit.. but then I am not saying that with love alone then you can ignore everything else like money or career or etc.. but all I'm saying is that you're placed at a higher priority.. that's all..

I know I am not someone who practices this fully myself.. but then I know my other half is someone who will be important in my life no matter what my actions ar.. whether I know how to show it or not.. maybe true love doesn't really exist or rather it only exist in fairytales.. or rather.. I dun know what exactly is the point that I want to say here.. it's just that.. have any of you ever sat down and think.. will this be the person you wouldn't mind to spend the rest of your life with.. that he/she is important enough for you to oversee all other things... if that's the case.. then by all means.. show them they are important to you in your life.. before regretting it later when you don't even have the chance to show it anymore..

To be continued..

4 comments:

wings said...

haha i'm the first again, ermmm, yes being in love is something sweet, nice and your other half will be the one who you will cherish for a long time as long as your relationship still stands. no doubt he/she will be a very important part of your life besides your family, but i believe being in love is not about everything, u gotta balance out everything in life as well. being in love won't buy you houses, cars or even food for that matter. okay i'm crapping but my point is, balance out your life, find your happiness and at the same time, show and tell the person you love that you care, love and cherish that person if you really do wish to spend time with him/her. cheers.

Unknown said...

One definition of love is being able to give your all for your special one. To give your best in making the relationship a wonderful and happy one. However, remember that a relationship is a 2 way affair. You can't clap with only one hand. Occasional fights and arguments are part and parcel in an ongoing relationship..the outcome is usually determined on who is willing to "lose out" first. Ego and pride play a huge part in most cases (mostly for guys). And in the end it still boils down to 2 basic things that are essential in any relationship - trust and faith. If those are not present in both parties, eventually there will be crisis calls.

jolcy said...

yes.. it's really true that you have to balance out everything.. but then in the process you have to show your loved one that they are always on top of the list...

Jason... ya.. that would be the next point.. trust..

Othy said...

I think life sucks..

When you don't have love, you search for it..
When you don't look for it, it found you..
When you don't love someone, he or she just plain love you unconditionally..
When you found someone you love, he or she just don't love you back..
When you're both in love, somehow you just can't be together...
Life just sucks..