Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In Memory of My Beloved Dolly..

And so it finally happened.. My doggy.. Dolly RIP on the 12th of April, 2008 which is also my mum's birthday... some time in the afternoon probably about 3pm according to my maid.. Sad that I was not around when it happened and I did not get to see her before she was buried outside my house.. I wonder if it would have been better this way.. would I be more upset if I witnessed everything??

We bought her on 1st of Jan 1995 and she was only about 2-3 months old... a really cute adorable Maltese.. she has been with us for more than 13 years.. which in estimate she is actually about maybe around 91 years old counting by dog year.. I hope her death is due to old age.. Unfortunately, we are not knowledgeable in dog breeding and therefore when we decided that we wanted to breed her.. she was too old for it already.. so, no descendant of my cute Dolly.. Born a virgin, live a virgin and died a virgin..

She is really a cute dog though tend to be kinda grumpy as she grew older.. used to follow my dad around the house wherever he goes.. and she is smart enough not to follow when he sees that my dad has changed and about to go out.. and alot more cute even funny stunts that she did which will always be in my memory.. one of it was.. Dolly used to like to rummage the dustbin when she was younger.. we have a small dustbin at home with those swinging top.. I remember once my maid told me that I think Dolly tried to put her head inside the dustbin in the hope to look for goodies probably.. and then I think her head got stuck in the dustbin top... she dragged herself with the top around her neck and went to the back of my house to look for my maid.. I guess to ask for help..

Another one of the funny ones was.. she is very afraid of my mum.. she will definitely listen if the instruction was from my mum.. and so one day my mum shouted to her.. "MASUK"... which to indicate her to go in to her cage.. and not realising that her cage door is closed.. she just ran and jumped and hit herself at the cage door.. how funny can that be.. btw, she is multi-lingual.. understands English, Malay.. probably even Cantonese and Hokkien...

Anyway, I really think that she is a really smart and pretty dog.. Hope that she did have a good life staying with us.. woof..

All Dogs Go To Heaven...

8 comments:

jiahui said...

beee..sorry o hear that Dolly pass away..anyway, thats life..apply to human and also apply to dog...next time dont raise such a cute dog anymore,if not u will be sad again if the dog die...:P ok la,talk to u soon..see ya, bye

Othy said...

Oh dear.. i shared Dolly stories to my colleagues and they all fell in love with her..

She is a good old friend.. albeit alittle senile and grumpy towards the end but undeniably true, she's a cute bundle of furry..

I am sure she had a lived a happy and fulfilling life..

Yeah, agreed! All Dogs go to heaven!

*p/s: gawt, i can't stop laughing at that 'born a virgin, live a virgin and died a virgin' statement..'.. that is so original!

*Woof*Woof*Woof*

jolcy said...

I forgotten to add.. I think she is one of the prettiest maltese breed around that I've seen.. seriously...

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

aiyoh so pity..nevermind..im sure u can buy another dolly to keep the legend going..

she is cute isnt she?

wings said...

sorry to hear that... i had my time with dolly too when we hung out at ur place..cute and adorable dog..she'll be missed.. :)

Bride2010 said...

My condolences gal. I am totally sure she had a good life staying with you. Seriously, she was one of the best treated and pampered that I know. I remember how she would bark at me and when I go near her, she would run away. Keke, she's fierce on the outside but darn soft inside. I shall miss her too. She had certainly created some really entertaining events during her time with you guys. Cracks me up everytime you tell me stories about her. All dogs go to heaven..she should be chasing chickens up there somewhere and barking at You-Know-Who...keke

~Ze Hermit~ said...

Dolly made Su Lynn's mom fall in our living room! I remember that.. embarrased all of us. :P And Dolly helped me by being my main talent for my assignment. Made a doggie commercial starring her. Think I should have it still in the old comp. Hows about I dig it up and you upload it into your blog? :)

jolcy said...

thank you guys.. *hugs*... ya.. she is really a cute one.. :)